If you see an error when connecting from Analyzer to Project Online, it could be that your server is configured with Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA). One possible error message for this scenario is:
The partner returned a bad sign-in name or password error. For more information, see federation error-handling scenarios.
It is possible to get around the MFA from Analyzer (or other applications). The workaround is to create an "app password" that you can use without Multi-Factor Authentication. To do this,
- Sign in to your MS account and click on your Profile link.
- Click the Additional Security Verification link.
- Click the App Passwords link at the top of the page.
- Click Create to create and copy an app password.
- Use the password from step 4 above in Steelray Project Analyzer to configure your connection.